• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can i buy it from lowes/hardware store?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Icebl@ster

I was wondering if you can buy clearflex tubing and fittings for my pump(mag 3)at for instances lowes?I dont want to buy from website because i have the worst luck with shipping,and what fittings fit in my pump,goin use 1/2 tubes.Thanks for the help in advance.

1/2" barb X 1/2" NPT Female fitting for output.
1/2" barb X 1/2" NPT Male fitting for suction.

The fitting for the suction end should be plastic. A brass fitting will eventually split the suction port. Brass is ok for the output port.

I doubt Loew's will have any kind of quality tubing. The tubing we use for water cooling is a bit specialized. It's very flexible, but holds its shape so that it doesn't collapse when making tight turns.

i just purchased a 10' piece of 1/2"id 3/4"od vinyl tubing from home depot for $6.50
and it seems pretty flexible.
it may not be the best kind you could get but i think it should serve pretty well. (i hope :) )

~Magick_Man~

As they said above the stuff from the hardware store etc doesnt seem to flex as good and hold its shape. I also noticed after about 3+ months of continous use the hose became very hard and lost its "rubbery" feeling. It was basicly in the same shape but hard as a rock.

Don't get the generic vinyl tubing from hardware stores, feel it and try and bend it, if it's very flexible, get it, otherwise it's going to be a pain in the butt to get the block to sit right.

Back