• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ID3 Tags

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eXCeSS

Recently Ive gotten a Zen Xtra and the music is organized by ID3 tags, and since i never had to use them before, they are neglected. Is there any programs that are good to use to mass edit tags with out taking me hours?

Thanks

Windows XP.

Highlight the desired mp3 files. Right-click and select "Properties". Go to "Summary" tab, and select "advanced". There you go! Any changes made will be reflected on ALL highlighted mp3's - so don't change the title of the song this way! Use it for genre, Artist, or album. Change the "title" id3 tags one at a time.

:cool:

IF you want the ID3 Tags to be WELL ORGANIZED it will take some time to do it since you will manually have to change every single MP3 tag & you can use ANALOG_X_TAG MASTER which supports ID3V1, I used to use this handy little application. I use MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus now to do my tagging since I use ID3V2 and include the album cover for my music files.

I usually use Nero and CDDB's auto retrieval for CD's when ripping 320kbps MP3's, but XP does work, and it is not hard...

Later :cool:

eXCeSS said:
... and since i never had to use them before ...
WTF!?

anyway, assuming they're named in a logical way "track#. artist - trackkname" or similar, winamp will fill in all the id3_v2 tags for you. just add all the files to the media library, then go through and confirm each album or whatever. you won't even have to type song titles or album names.

I may be a bit late on this, and I'm too lazy to do the google searches myself, but look for...

The Godfather
Tag&Rename
Tagscanner
or Musicbrainz

All of these are very good at editing or adding ID3 tags and renaming files if needed. Personally I use Tagscanner and couldn't get along without it.

Back