• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What hose clamps do you use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NiTrO bOiE said:
Steel metal gear "worm drive" clamps. The tightness limit is how strong you are. ;)
Those are great in automotive use, but I can't see using it on my plastic "y" for my DTEK block...

Twist.... twist... twist...
"Yeah, these will nevAR LEAK!!!1!1one!" :D
twist twist twist twisttwisttwisttwisttwist SNAP!

D'oh :(

i use the non perferated worm gear kind from McMaster - to avoid cutting into my lines or leaving indentions

SewerBeing said:
Home Depot, I have metal ones, with a screw that lets you decide how tight. Work great.
Those. Work pretty well for me. On some of my tight connections (3/4" hose over 1" pipe, 3/8" hose on 1/2" barbs, etc.) I don't use them, but only because I'm tight on space.

I use both those plastic ones and the metal ones.

I like the plastic ones better, TBH. I use both though.

I could see wanting to use the plastic ones in a show-case, as the metal ones aren't always pretty. But since my rig is far from pretty :p I really don't mind hehe...

The cool little worm-drive ones would probably look better than the perforated ones and be just as safe if not more so. And maybe you could even get them anodized or otherwise colored by a local machine shop?

Plastic. They look more professional, easyer to use, A hell of alot quicker to use. Easy to use in inacsessible ares (ie. where you cant get a screwdriver to tighten the worm type! ieie. my rig! :D), Cheaper

Get the idea? ;)

I use metal clamps because I didn't have the patience to wait for plastic ones to be delivered.

Back