• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

northbridge block recommend for Intel 875

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nartac

Everybody asked about what is the best block for CPU. Can someone kind enough to tell me what it the best northbridge block for Intel 875? Thanks

I use the Swiftech MCW20-P and it works great. Most NB water blocks will do fine because the NB does not get extreemly hot. Water does help it stay cooler and therfore more stable though.

I've been using my DD z-Chip NB block for 6 months without a problem. I believe they have replaced it with the Maze4 chipset block. As long as the block you select isn't restrictive, you'll be fine.

DTek makes a pretty decent northbridge cooler too, but I generally agree with the above posters: so long as it's not restrictive, you're fine. NB's dont' need a lot of cooling anyway, so a high restriction fancy block simply isn't needed. Just having the cool water run over the top of it is nearly enough...

thank you guys for the replies. In that case, I will get the cheaper of the two which is the swiftech. It will match with my MCW6002-P block.

You'll need the adapters however.

They take it from 1/2" quick connects to 1/2" barbs for 1/2" ID tubing.

thanks, sandman001. I was aware of that and placed the order for those with the swiftech nb block :)

Back