• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolwave Storm III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

(originally posted in the general cooling section by mistake. This is better.)

Storm III seemed to get a good writeup here on OC. I recently tried an Aquarius II kit, just because it was my first OC attempt and I figured I'd give that a try on an older machine. Worked fine mostly. But, for a hotter and noiser machine, $100 can't be beat, and that includes NB and Video. I'm sure leaning toward it although their website is a mess.

Oh, it goes beyond being a mess. There doesn't appear to be any way to buy it. Well, if anyone can figure out how to buy it, be sure to let me know.

from one watercooling newb to another. Build your own kit. Kits are bad. I wasted 199 on a kit and I am spending another 200 to build my own, because the temps were horrible, and worse than my sp-97. Post a thread about having people recommend you what to choose, and then follow what the say. Or use the search and look for the best block, rad, etc.

dicecca112 said:
from one watercooling newb to another. Build your own kit. Kits are bad. I wasted 199 on a kit and I am spending another 200 to build my own, because the temps were horrible, and worse than my sp-97. Post a thread about having people recommend you what to choose, and then follow what the say. Or use the search and look for the best block, rad, etc.

Did you see the review? I was stunned by it. I've been looking at doing my own watercooling (I did just what you said, posted about a month ago, and still have the list of suggestions that came back). But for $100 you get cpu, nb, vc? No, not top of the line, but I'm not really interested in that. Mostly I want my A7N8X doing about what it is doing on air, but quieter. Plus, it's getting hotter in the old computer room, mostly not airconditioned, and I'm getting a bit nervous. (Plus I like the idea of watercooling)

If someone has their mind set on a kit this is probably the way to go. Course I dont think us US boys can get our hands on it =\

I am also wondering what is up with their sight. I mean what is the point of a review of something if some people cant get ahold of the product??

it costs $40-$50 bucks in the real cold harsh world out there (380 rmb for single block kit and 480 rmb for the kit you're looking at)

its actually called a "coolriver --something" i forgot, but its real cheap and bad stuff

NOT RECOMMENDED

p.s. this is china we're talking about, and therefore hence the rmb

_

oh ok thanks for the info I am really not ready to watercool my system. (Money sortage for one reason) I was just curious about it. I would prob need a stroger water cooled system for mine anyway. Well thanks for the info.

Back