• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Forums firewall hit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moz_21

Date: 07/14 00:28:21 Name: WEB-CLIENT javascript URL host spoofing attempt
Priority: 1 Type: Attempted User Privilege Gain
IP info: 69.20.37.110:80 -> 199.120.xxx.xx:35062
References: 1

The part that concerns me is the "Attempted User Privilege Gain". This is logged on my Smoothwall thru IDS (Snort). It says Firefox is vulnerable to the attack. I'm wondering if/how this is harmful.

shard said:
they have been saying that there is a hole in firefox and that you should download the newest version 0.9.2 at the website

I have this version. Does this mean even tho my firewall is picking up the attack, it is not affecting my computer at all??

David Coleman said:

WTH?

there are two holes in .92 that have yet to be fixed. Keep checking the mozilla website to see if they path them.

Ok, I just loaded Guardian Reactive firewall on my Smoothwall. The IP is one of INets, and when I go to search for new posts, it will load really slow then stop. The IP becomes blocked, not because of Firefox, its because of Inet. I'd like to see their opinion on this or anyone elses....

:Edit:
Sorry, this really goes with this thread. Still like to hear an update on it though, or at least an explanation.

Last edited:
Back