• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, oh Dear god Help (Windows Install Not Working)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaso

So things have been going seriously bad for me today. I've got a couple of brand new 160gb SATA drives, so i was hoping to ghost my OS over to them. I made a ghost image all was going fine, then on restoring the image it said some error right at like 98%, i was like, bugger, oh well i'll get my IDE drive with all the data still on it working then see what wrong with the image, so IDE drive Plugged in, windows boots, then the second the login screen comes up the PC resets. Hmm bugger, I tried safe mode, that didn't work, so after fiddling around for an hour or so i thought, damnit, i'll just have to do a WinXP Recover Installtion. I put in the CD get though all the suff till it says, "Checking for previous Windows Installations", then Poof BSOD "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Looking at the WindowsKB article Tells me little more from the stop-code(0x00330027, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x807c3954). I have no idea what to do, i've removed the sata disks, Disabled the sata Chip, i suppose next step is to try swapping out hardware, but i really don't want to do that if at all possible, my watercooling system makes it hard to get inside my case.

So Any ideas?
Please!

Kaso said:
So things have been going seriously bad for me today. I've got a couple of brand new 160gb SATA drives, so i was hoping to ghost my OS over to them. I made a ghost image all was going fine, then on restoring the image it said some error right at like 98%,I have no idea what to do, i've removed the sata disks, Disabled the sata Chip, i suppose next step is to try swapping out hardware, but i really don't want to do that if at all possible, my watercooling system makes it hard to get inside my case.

So Any ideas?
Please!

You tried to ghost from your IDE drive to your SATA drives? Are they set up in any kind of RAID? How exactly were you going to use ghost?

Well, i made a Ghost of the IDE Disk, then that image was stored in the free space on that drive, i then set up my SATA RAID and ghosted from the Image on IDE to the SATA RAID.

Also i've been swapping out components, and all i have left to try is the CPU, eek, it can't be that can it?

I"m suprised ghost would even work from ide image to RAID drive. It should, in theory, but I find ghost always has hangups doing anything a bit out of the ordinary. You're not overclocked, right?

I Was, but it was rock soild(Watercooled), but i even turned that down to default

Edit:
I should mention, that now what i'm trying to do it to install windows straight to the SATA RAID, its not workin its still got the stuff that came from the Ghost image on it though, i think what i might have to do is burn the RAID and start from scratch.

Ok, thanks for the Help anyway, but i've taken the Plunge and wiped it, its working and i'm installing a fresh copy of WinXP.

I'm never using Ghost Again

Back