• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good place to get iwaki pumps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

runsalone

Does anyone have any recommendations for vendors that sell iwaki pumps? Are there a certain kind of barbs will I need to put on such a pump to use 1/2" tubing? Finally, what kind of rads work well with a powerful pump such as the iwakis?

Thanks for the replies. I checked out ebay, but ended up ordering from an online retailer. The model I got was WMD20RLT. This model is said to have 3/4" outlets, what kind of adapters or barbs will I need to run this pump with 1/2" ID tubing?

runsalone said:
Thanks for the replies. I checked out ebay, but ended up ordering from an online retailer. The model I got was WMD20RLT. This model is said to have 3/4" outlets, what kind of adapters or barbs will I need to run this pump with 1/2" ID tubing?
Not sure but you should have gotten the RZT... and my preference is the MD Japanese made motor, not the WMD American made motor, they run hotter and louder than the MD series but are less expensive, as BillA would say, "No free lunch".

The only two stores that carried any RZT's, WMD or MD, went away. RLT's and RXT's are a dime a dozen and easy to find.

E-Bay's your best bet for an RZT.

Not sure but you should have gotten the RZT... and my preference is the MD Japanese made motor, not the WMD American made motor, they run hotter and louder than the MD series but are less expensive, as BillA would say, "No free lunch".

I would have purchased a 150-200$ japanese motor iwaki, though unfortunately that would put me over my budget. I got that WMD20RLT for 110$ shipped.

I'm so confused about getting some barbs to fit on it.

Back