• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

all copper and brass gpu/chip block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
gbaz said:
ive been looking aroung drying to find a good gpu and chip block that is all copper or copper/brass. so far the only new ones i have found are the silverprop ones. the nexus sx, and fusion sl

links
http://bestpcmods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BPM&Category_Code=GB

http://bestpcmods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BPM&Category_Code=CB1

anyone seen a good review of thise 2?
Joe did a review of the NexusLX on the front page a while ago and it is built with copper and brass combo. Here is a link. You just have to scroll down the page and then you will see it.

There is probably little performance difference between them and the pressure drops will probably be about the same. Hopefully someone who knows more about these can tell you more.

I cant speak for the nexus but i have a fusion HL. It has the micro channels of the WW inside, but not the jet. Its a 2 peice, brass top and copper base thing.
I gather the nexus is the same thing but shaped for use on a NB. Its probably decent but not worth the restriction placed upon the system for waht it does. Especially that the NB can be quite easily cooled passivly, water cooling seems a bit excessive.

Anyway the Fusion HL let me take my 5800 core to 600. Which is a 50% oc.

Thanks for the replies, but i think the blocks yall are using or mentioned reviews on are a good bit different than the links i posted. I still need to order a pump so i have more time to look around. If i find no reviews i may give em a shot. Silverprop makes good quality blocks it appears.

Well i must correct myself. It looks as though the blocks you refered me to are just about the exact same. Silverprop even rates them the same (both gpu and chip set). Thanks again, but boy those things are pricy it will be about $100 for a HL and a SX :cry:

Back