• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*water cooling setup idea* Would this work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamiyanazz

I'm new to watercooling and don't actually watercool at all, but is interesting and I might get into it if I get any free time. It seems like a nice little hobby. Anyway, I was sketching out a plan, what do you guys think of this?

The water would flow from the back to the front. Would it be possible to have air gaps to see the water splash around, or would that be a bad idea?

Attachments

• 143-4363_IMG.jpg
    143-4363_IMG.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 79
the blue is a resivoir, whereas the grey would be a radiator/heater core. I'm not sure where a good pump placement would be or what items to cool in what order...it was just a thought that came to mind.

You need to give us more information as to what is going on in that picture. All we see is a drawing. You need to tell us what the blue and white drawings represent and what you invision happening there.

Well you beat me to it. However it would make more sense to have two radiators rather than two reservoirs because the radiators will provide more cooling space.

well it might work but i think that you will lose alot of pressure while going through that thing, both res's would have to be filled up to the top to keep from losing too much pressure.
maybe just have one res in the front and have a heatercore in the back
for flow go hc>res.
but then unless your pump creates suction you would still need to have the res filled up completely or the water wouldnt want to leave the res fast enough to supply your pump.
but this setup, if done correctly could be pretty sweet looking.

~Magick_Man~

I would have to custom make the resivior, but I think I could manage that if I found all the right tools and could find stuff to hold it together. I think it would be a nice little project. So lose the res in the back and only use the fromt two? Hmm....is there anything I could put in the back to make it worth while? What about a taller resivoir that would use it's own water weight to push the water through the radiator? I am kinda speaking out of my *** since I don't know much about it, but it's again just a thought.

i think you shold get the danger den dual heatercore or soe radiator about the same size (12" long or so)
and put that in back and the res in front

~Magick_Man~

Back