• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

firefox V explorer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

codax

Registered
Ive heard so many of you how much better firefox is but when i tried 0.9
it was slower than explorer i tried a few site most noticable was www.overclockers.co.uk just for testing i deleted all temp internet files and loaded the page on each browser and the pictuers took longer to load on firefox where as explore was almost instant
whys this?
i have a 1mb connection

Firefox is still in BETA form. There are a few kinks to still be worked out but if you would take a little time to read our Firefox Tweak thread you may be able to optimize it for more speed.

Firefox isn't noticably faster or slower than IE for me, I just like it cos of tabbed browsing :) Cant live without it now! :D

tried the tweaks but coudnt find pipelining option still finding eplorer faster ?

Last edited:
nocturnal714 said:
i also like the fact that their are no popups and its not a haven for hackers like ie is. :rolleyes:

Agreed. This is reason enough to use firefox, slow speed or no.

However, Firefox is just as fast as IE for me, so FF > IE all the way :thup:

Calculusaurus said:
Agreed. This is reason enough to use firefox, slow speed or no.

However, Firefox is just as fast as IE for me, so FF > IE all the way :thup:

right on brotha! :attn:

FF p\/\/nz j00... :clap:

but in all seriousness i notice no speed diffrences between the two.

neither do i and it has much better features such as the tabbed windows like someone else said here. it makes life so much easier

Leviathan41 said:
I notice the difference in speed. Have you guys done this? ---> http://www.computerbb.org/about150.html

Firefox is better than IE in every way, IMO. I thought it was funny that Firefox issued the fix the same day the security problem was found, yet Microsoft takes their sweet time to patch things.
Wow, I had my reservations as to whether I'd notice a difference...Oh My
:thup: :clap:
Thank you!

Back