• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 and Socket 754

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikieboyblue

Ok guys, you have been a big help in the past and since I don't have a lot of time to be keep up with everything I fall behind quickly (sorry). Does anyone know of a hold down for the Maze4 to be used with a socket 754? None of the mbs have mounting holes (I'm upset about that).

OR....

Does anyone know of socket 754 waterblocks aroudn 50 or so?

Thanks!!

You can do what i did.. make your own. Just go buy a nice thick peice of plexy glass.. Cut it into a square shape about the size you need to the top and bottom mounting holes on the board.. Measure out the holes for the barbs and the 2 mounting holes.. Drill the holes out wiht a dremel on the plexy. Dissconnect your water lines from the block so you can fit the hold down over the barb holes and mount it as usual.

You can either do that or buy the right top for the AMD 64 on dangerdens site under miscellanious.. Or better buy a new AMD 64 RBX dangerden block for it.

KnownKiller said:
You can do what i did.. make your own. Just go buy a nice thick peice of plexy glass.. Cut it into a square shape about the size you need to the top and bottom mounting holes on the board.. Measure out the holes for the barbs and the 2 mounting holes.. Drill the holes out wiht a dremel on the plexy. Dissconnect your water lines from the block so you can fit the hold down over the barb holes and mount it as usual.

You can either do that or buy the right top for the AMD 64 on dangerdens site under miscellanious.. Or better buy a new AMD 64 RBX dangerden block for it.

You mounted it right to the motherboard mounting holes to the case? Do you have any pics? What mb do you have?

Thanks man!

Sorry about the bad pic.. Its an old one with my Chaintech NF3 150 MB. That board has the 4 mounting holes.. The newer Epox board only has 2. So i just added the 2 other holes and mounted it threw them.

Its just a plate that sits over the block.. Its not physically attatched to the water block in anyway.. Its just used for a hold down. I also used the exisiting back mounting plate to help brace the back from bowing.. Also the long screws that come with the block fit the back plate perfectly so i mounted the screws to that plate and used some lock tight so the screws wouldnt come lose when i take the block off.

Nothing pretty but it works in a bind.

Attachments

• DSC01259ab.jpg
    DSC01259ab.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 82
What Epox board did you have? From looking at pic of it there is that new mounting "ring" around the socket...did you have to take that off? Sorry for the simple questions, I'd just rather not spend 100+ on aboard and then find out I can't use this water block, I'd just buy a DFI Lanparty instead. :)

That pic is older and at that time i had a Chaintech NF3 150 MB. Now i'm using the new Epox 8KDA3+ The chaintech had the 4 mounting holes for the HS or block. The new Epox only has 2. Yes i had to take off the top black HS mounting bracket to use a water block. Like i said i left the rear bracket on though and used that to attach the waterblock mounting screws to that and held that together with a nut on the top of the board.

go here:

http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Misc_Hardware/maze4_acces.asp

and get the "maze 4 s754 top" for ~$15

a64_lucite_sm.jpg

a64_copper_sm.jpg

Haha cool...now I assume you guys are using a64s....did either of you use a barton? Would it be worth the money, I am looking at the Epox 8KDA3+...?

Back