• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Audio Editing Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

falcx

I am looking for some good audio editing software.......to edit interviews taken with a digital voice recorder. Mostly right now to cut back or eliminate alot of background noise. Any suggestions would be great...... freeware or bought;does not matter.

Audacity. It's sort of the GIMP for audio (if that means anything to you). I haven't used the newest version yet, but I believe it has noise reduction built in. If it's what I think it is, you should just have to give the software a sample of the noise you want to remove ALONE, and then it will remove that from the entire recording, to whatever degree you choose. This is the tip of the iceberg for this software's capabilities, but it'll definitely do what you want. If you want more info, feel free... Have a good one. :)

I've always used Cool Edit Pro, it works wonderfully. Only problem, it isn't free, and I'm also pretty sure Adobe bought it out and changed the name to Adobe Audition.

Back