• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sata hd & xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dinoo

Registered
I'm having probs getting xp installed from cd-rom boot. I've read in other threads that I have to install the SATA drivers. Well it goes into windows setup and I hit F6 to manually install SATA drivers but it does not stop, it proceeds into windows setup and not giving me the option to install the drivers. Any other suggestions ? Thanks in advance

abit nf7-s
xp2600 barton
80g sata hd
512mb pc3200
ect...

Are you using a keyboard that has the F Lock key?. If so, then as soon as the "Press F6 to load SCSI drivers" blue screen appears you'll need to press the F Lock key, then the F6 key. Be prepared to insert the floppy that contains the controller drivers...you'll be asked to do so during the first part of Setup.

Yes a sata driver diskette came with my mb.

and i do not think i have a f lock keyboard. first time i
every heard of this. i looked on the keyboard and the only
lock keys i see are number lock and scroll lock.

but it acks like im not even hitting the key when it rells me
too, nothing happens at all. just proceeds to installing some
drivers for setup....

Up And Runnin !!!!!! Thanks alot guys I really appreciate your help

What did you do to fix it? Because i get that problem whenever i try to install XP on my Raptor HD. My fix was to install XP on my 20gb 5400rpm HD then use western digitals hard drive tools to copy it over to my Raptor HD.

Back