• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DD TDX w/ Hydro L20?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ctty

I just bought a DD TDX WB to replace my Asutek one with the spiral design. I am using the Hydro L20 w/ a DD Maze 4 block in the loop and a Black Ice Pro radiator. My question is, will the DD TDX perform better than the Asutek block under such conditions?

my TDX performs really well. I have the BIX, TDX, switfy GPU block, with a Hydor L30. I get core temps a constant 4 degrees above case temps.

MuEagle05 said:
my TDX performs really well. I have the BIX, TDX, switfy GPU block, with a Hydor L30. I get core temps a constant 4 degrees above case temps.
Well, unfortunately my L20 only pushes 700l/hr w/a 1.35m head, far below the 1200l/hr of your L30. Wonder if this will kill cooling performance.

Even with your fairly weak pump you should still get close to .75 gpm through the block with (what I would suggest using) #4 plate. At that flo rate the TDX will definatly beat the Asutek block on the same setup. Peop[le seem to look at the way of getting WB and pump matchs wrong, they seem to think if one block is more restrictive than another you should use the least restrictive block with a weak pump. To me it is usually the opposite, the high restriction blocks all seem to do much better at the low flo rates.
Like the mcw6000 will get better temps at .5gpm than a maze4 will at 2.5gpm. But the 6000 seems to have about the flatest flo vs temp graph of all the major blocks. Also most any pump will get .5gpm through most any block with a decent flo system ie 3/8 or bigger tubes and a non-windingtube style rad.

Also if/when you upgrade your pump the difference will only get larger.

Back