• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your favorite FTP server software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

I have been using Serv-U 4.0.0.4 for a while now, and I'm starting to wonder if there's better software for this sort of thing? I figured this would be the best place to ask that I know of :D

bulletproof for windows, but glftpd is simply the BEST ftp server and its only for unix based systems. servu is as basic as it gets, bulletproof is gonna be a tad more in dept.

I use Leap FTP from leapware.com
I only need it to manage and upload pics to my ISP's provided web-space though.
Not real sure what all it can do, but it's always worked very well, even back in the dark days of..shall we say..un-announced sharing of FTP space by third parties ;)
It has a backside load of features and menus that honestly I have no clue what they do, but it was cheap as I recall. I've been using the same version since win98...not even sure if they're still around.

Serv-U is great for Windows; Pure-FTPd is fast and stable for *nix and FreeBSD.

BTW, Serv-U 5.1.0.0 is out...4.X has known vulnerabilities so you may want to upgrade.

OLMI said:
So... they're pretty much all the same thing? Everyone here has a different preference :O

yep for the most part all windows based servers are the same. its just which one we got introduced to first is the one we've been using forever. if it works no point in changing or fixing it. once you leave windows there's gonna be only a few choices. most of them highly scriptable to catter your needs.

b0bby said:
yep for the most part all windows based servers are the same. its just which one we got introduced to first is the one we've been using forever. if it works no point in changing or fixing it. once you leave windows there's gonna be only a few choices. most of them highly scriptable to catter your needs.
Cool, thanks. I guess I will just upgrade to Serv-U 5.1.0.0. Thanks guys :D

Back