• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Twin Turbo H2O Project (MPS600's)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

My Twin Turbo H2O Project (MCP600's)

This all started off with a simple Maze4, Eheim 1250 and a Pro 120 HC with a single fan cooling a prescott. I was getting about 49-51°C Load. That was too high since my other Caprice cooled prescott was at about 34°C load. So I added a second HC in a push pull config shown as you can see at the back and replaced the Maze4 with a WhiteWater. The temps dropped to about 46-49 @ load. Still, I wasn't happy. I figured since the loop became more restrictive, I'll replace the eheim with an MCP600. Temps dropped to about 44-47 °C load. Then I went crazy and added a second MCP-600. Right now the load is at 40-42°C.

My ultimate goal is to have it never go over 40°C. When I have time, I will rearrange the tubing because I know that is what is holding me back right now. As for cosmetics,, I'll take care of the after.

Twin%20Turbo%20MCP600%20Rev1.jpg

The way I was planning on rearranging the tubing was to merge the outlets from the MCP600's into one tube, make them go through the HC's first, then to the waterblock. Then the two outlets from the waterblock will go into the MCP inlets.

Last edited:
Damn, that's as messy as my aircooled setup!

But dual radiators + dual pumps sounds like a hell of a setup.

But one question about reducing temps - does it really change your overclock at all? I went from a 60cfm CPU fan to a Tornado, which can reduce the temperature nearly 6-8 degrees when it's on full blast (Like my old setup would be 47 at idle and now it's at 40-42 idle), but I still can't increase my overclock despite the fact that I can run more voltage b/c it's cooler....

your oc is more than just your cpu

nb mosfets sb psu tolerances . what you have eating continious power vs spike start up power of spin up hard drive activity all determine oc character

OK, either I am crazy or you have your setup done all wrong... first, you are going in the OUTLETS of the White Water which is proven to give a 3-5C worse result. Second, you are choking the inlets of the pumps with that T, third, you should run those pumps in SERIES.

here's what I would do if i was you.

- flip the left pump so the inlet is pointing up, the outlet right (as per picture). The outlet would feed into the inlet of the right pump.
- connect that pump's outlet to the center barb of the WW.
- have one outlet from the WW go to each rad
- bring the rad outlets together with a Y adapter over the first pump's inlet
- find space for the t-line(s)

that should improve temps a lot
I wrote rads in parrallel because it would help tubing a lot, and should perform the same :)

nikhsub1 said:
OK, either I am crazy or you have your setup done all wrong... first, you are going in the OUTLETS of the White Water which is proven to give a 3-5C worse result. Second, you are choking the inlets of the pumps with that T, third, you should run those pumps in SERIES.

yeah i was wondering the same thing when i saw that the entry point to the ww was at the two outlets. Plus u can save space by cutting out the harddrive cage man. Plus u can put a heater core on top of 4 pedestals on top of ur case and all u have to do is increase the tube length by a foot or so. That way instead of cooling the back heatercore with hot air from inside the case, u can cool it with cooler outside air. But definitely cut out the hard drive cage and give urself alot more room and get rid of the T by the pump inlets.

First order of business is to buy yourself a full-tower case, it will make all the difference in effective routing, and making it all look clean and professional :)

What with currently using the outlets as inlets on your block, and the crowded route you have now, you should be able to easily get some very signifigant temperature drops out of a re-routed setup in a larger case, without elbows or kinks.

As for tubing, I found in my admittadly crowded circuit, that 1/2" ID Tygon or Clearflex60 with 1/8" walls doesn't cut it for a clean routing, and tight bends without kinks or elbows.

I'm using 1/2" ID, 1/16" walled Cearflex60 with those Swiftech Coolsleeves at the moment; it bends tighter than 1/8" walled Tygon without kinking, and helped with the routing a lot.

Boy what a mess. I admire your will to make it work though. You do need a bigger case. With all that you have going on there I would bet that you could get load down to 39c if you reconfigured everything and put it in a bigger case.

nikhsub1 said:

yes

furthermore, you don't need 2 MCPs, for that setup.

You'd have been far better off to buy a full tower with what one of those MCPs cost.

educate yourself, THEN spend money

It doesn't really matter if they're pulling ir cool or warm air, he has the side panel off.

nikhsub1 said:

No, I'm the crazy one. It's a huge mess now because I didn't have time to completely reconfigure the whole system. I was in a hurry so I just added the second pump as quickly as I could.

Either way, I'm going to completely reconfigure it when I have time.

The fans are sucking air out of the case, because I have two 120mm fans on my side panel blowing air in to cool the pumps and mobo/RAM/mosfets.

Thanks for the help and advice though guys :)

2 mcp600s are definitely worth it. my current setup jumped by 4 or 5c once i turned one of my pumps off, but then again i have a full tower case and three waterblocks. Man spring up for a full tower case, u will love it. Im glad i did when i bought the PC75

I'm working with what I have. I'd rather keep a small case like this, but it's all a learning experience.

situman said:
2 mcp600s are definitely worth it. my current setup jumped by 4 or 5c once i turned one of my pumps off, but then again i have a full tower case and three waterblocks. Man spring up for a full tower case, u will love it. Im glad i did when i bought the PC75

How did you connect the pumps exactly? Are they side by side or is one in the middle of the loop somewhere?

AudiMan said:
No, I'm the crazy one. It's a huge mess now because I didn't have time to completely reconfigure the whole system. I was in a hurry so I just added the second pump as quickly as I could.

Either way, I'm going to completely reconfigure it when I have time.

The fans are sucking air out of the case, because I have two 120mm fans on my side panel blowing air in to cool the pumps and mobo/RAM/mosfets.

Thanks for the help and advice though guys :)

CPU's cooling is mroe important than pumps

set rad fans to pull cool air into case, set side panel fans to push out

actually try it both ways, I bet what I said gives lower temps, if given time ot reach equlibrium.

situman said:

that is partly because one of the pumps turned into restriction

my point was, with the money from one of those MCPs, he could have bought a bigger case with room to effectively route tubing.

it is said and done now....what needs to be done is a total reconfiguration of tubing, focusing on not choking the pump inlets, and plumbing the WW properly

Back