• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eheimn pump upside down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Node

I have a Lian-Li PC60 case, which has a nice big area under the place where you mount the PSU. I'd like to put my pump there upside down, would the pump work fine that way?

Yeah I'm going to rest it on a sponge, and make a hole for the outlet obviously. A simple sponge will make that thing silent.

Wait - could this have a negative effect on the PSU? Either by heat, or by some electronic interference?

If your psu sucks air in from the bottom then you might get some slight cooling on the pump from the psu.

btw- make sure you dont get any air up in the pump... of course with it setup like that you may just create an air trap in your impeller shaft, making it a ***** to bleed.

I plan on having a t-line, and having the tube that sticks up from the t-line go higher than the pump. Will that eliminate that problem?

That might work, depending on exactly how its setup.... but if your pump starts getting louder.... you may want to disassemble it and check for wear on your impeller.

I was looking at my stuff last night and thinking how elegant that setup would be. I would like to implement an airtrap like Turbokeu's but I'm trying to figure out where I would put it.

Keep us updated on your progress.

This pump placement idea is really stuck in my head now...

just want to get a few questions out of the way first.

You are planning on mounting it :

A. on the inside of the case
B. against the panel under the psu where the 80mm fan is located
C. with the inlet pointed down
D. the outlet going outside the case (if this one is wrong, then why are you cutting a hole?)

If so... what are you planning on doing to prevent the inlet tubing from hitting your agp card and/or kinking due to your agp card? Putting a 90 or 45 on the inlet, or angling the whole pump?

Ive been thinking about this all damn day... coming up with solutions and dismissing them for one reason or another... overusing the "..." form of punctuation...

guess OCforums could also stand for Obsessive Compulsive in my case...

I'll have to show you a picture. Don't worry about it, I'm pretty obsessive compulsive too. That's probobly why I've gone through 8 million designs to make my computer less noisy, and so my tubes don't have kinks. It's starting to make me hate computers and think they aren't worth so much trouble :bang head .

I'll post it in a day or two, it'll be with a crappy camera phone, but it should do the trick.

Back