• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

think i could fit a water cooling setup in a super lanboy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

the case runs some outrageous case/mobo temps, 40C. i am thinking of water cooling. if i wanted to cool the cpu and chipset, would a vga silencer work better than adding it to the water cooling?

A good place to get everything for a decent price, would be? good stuff to look for swiftech and dangerden? t line or resiveour? for this kind of setup the heater core would be better off as a dual fan one or single? good decent pump for a decent price.

Cut a hole in the top of the case for rad/core and fan. Get a swiftech MPC-600 pump and your choice of waterblock for the CPU and GPU and you'll be set. I recomend the swiftech MCW-6000 or 6002 for your CPU. I also recomend a Black Ice Extreem radiator if you don't go with a heater core. The GPU block could be a Maze 4 or Swiftech's GPU block. it will be a tight fit but I've seen plenty of those on this forum so it can be done.

Another option is to reverse the direction of your fans and put the Rad/Core in the back of the case and suck air in from the back and push it out through the front of the case. That is how my setup is now. Only I have 2 80mm's in the back and two more in the front. I believe the Super Lanboy has 120mm's in the front and back.

Good places to get everything:
www.swiftnets.com
www.dangerden.com
www.crazypc.com
www.sidewindercomputers.com
www.xoxide.com
www.cooltechnica.com
www.frozencpu.com
www.coolerguys.com

There are many other places. Search the net and they will appear.

Last edited:
cut a hole in the top isnt gonna happen, lol. there isnt any room barely between the power supply and my cd burner maybe 2 inches. but i could move it to the bottom hole, and that would give me about 5 inches(about 13cm) if i were to put it up there anyway.
I think my dad would kill me if i tryed to cut a hole in the case after having it for 2 days.

i like the idea of reversing the airflow and puting the rediator in the back. thanks for some answers.

as for geting one i dont recomend it unless u wanna mod a lil bit 40C case/mobo temp is not fun. and the stock fans seem to barely push out air. i would look for a different one. but i am gonna keep mine and hopefully watercool soon.

my sonata is the same as the super lanboy I believe. It is way tight to fit everything in. I know some have done it here. you can cut the hard drive cage out and put them in the 3 1/2 bays. Then you can get the rad in the front with a 120mm fan. The width of the case is 8 in. Personally, I have my big mama rad w/120 sunon in the closet near a window. The fan is 12volted...so it's quite loud but I don't hear it since it's in the closet. I have the pump in my case tho. But it definitely can be done...cmon I know some of us have their Sonata/Lanboy watercooled...help him out.

Like VballCoach said, cut the HD cages, stick heatercore/radiator down there, pump slightly behind it and your golden. That's exactly my setup except the bayres and the fact my HD cages were removable. ;)

Still can't believe my $20 case had removable cages and screwless side panel. :cool:

Back