• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump question: sorry about nubness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paki

Registered
Hi, i was looking to start water cooling my system and for the basics i was looking at this pump and i wanted to know which direction the inlet is and which is the outlet? Im thinking the inlet is the top which is vertical and the outlet is the horizontal. Anyone please help. Also I was reading that the inlet is 3/4' and the outlet is 1/2" so i was wondering what type of adapter or something I might need to convert the inlet 3/4" to a 1/2"?

help would be appreicated.
e1250l.gif

the eheim 1250.

Heh, its spelled n00b bro. ;) J/K Welcome to the forums! :)

You are correct about the direction of the inlet and outlet. I'm not sure exactly what people do about the inlet size, but someone else will surely fill you in, I don't water cool myself.

Yea just boil some hot water and put your tubing in there. It makes it very soft and EZ to put over the 1/2in barb, plus when it cools back down it makes a very tight seal.

Yes you can easily get 1/2" ID tubing over the inlet barb, and that is what you should do, do NOT restrict the inlet of the pump. The intake barb is at the bottom and the output is at the side.

stryder2720 said:
Yea just boil some hot water and put your tubing in there. It makes it very soft and EZ to put over the 1/2in barb, plus when it cools back down it makes a very tight seal.

Or you could boil warm or even cold water! :p
(Sorry, I was just feeling saucy!) :beer:

And, for those of us who are lazy... Use a lighter... :) Heh, been doing it for years, though I'd certainly reccomend the previous suggestions of boiling water... Becuase it's no fun when your tubing catches fire... Or, has burn marks afterwards...

My Mag 3 has it's inlets and outlets positioned opposite of what you described. The verticle is the outlet, and the horizontal is the inlet. Are the Eheims different, or did I just not read his post right?

Yeah... I was just thinking 'hey... I'm sure the inlet is horizontal, didn't know Eheim were that crazy....' as for changing barb sizes... you can either boil tubing, get adaptors or make / buy new barbs... but don't restrict the inlet

Back