• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Longhorn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Or. I can post a link for that people can't read any of the 50 stickeys or the forum rules which he had to agree before he could even post the message.

Microsoft allows it for beta testing, duh, and I've seen many copies of it on the internet.

Syx said:
Microsoft allows it for beta testing, duh, and I've seen many copies of it on the internet.
No. Microsoft allows specific people to beta test. Not the genral public. If hes asking where to download it, then he obviuosly doesn't have th grace from microsoft to download it.

The "copies on the internet" are leaked versions there were never ment to be released. Samething with half life 2 and Doom 3. Do a search and see how many threads you find on this forum about where to download them.

Let me restate that. I was more interested in seeing how to be a beta tester. Maybe I wasn't clear enough for the kids.

Right.... and you just called bill gates up explained your intentions and he gave you the password to his private FTP right?

I was just trying to make a point that just becuase alot of the people here know alot about windows some of us older guys grew up around unix may want to learn a little about windows.I myself like linux, but new to that too. I realize that this forum has to many children. But yes they are copies of longhorn on the net. They may be illegal copies but that is why I was asking. But that was my mistake

eh? said:
Right.... and you just called bill gates up explained your intentions and he gave you the password to his private FTP right?

dude you need to chill. great you know all about the world, more power to you. not everyone knows or is as clear about thier meanings as you. give him a break.

eh? said:
Because Microsoft always allows people to download their new and upcoming consumer OS for free, right?

Well Me smarty pants - Yes, they do and you dont have to be a full fledged MSCE what ever beta tester

Windows Server 2003 was availible for free download Simply put in your name / address and off you went- FULL version for 180 day trial - that is 6 months free! they have been doing this since as long as i can remeber!

So again., Yes, MS does let you download their new and upocoming O/S's for free.

Back