• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thoughts on a blower?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like a hefty blower... Noisy too at full voltage. Not sure I'd count on an industrial blower like that to be any quieter even at lower voltages. Many tend to produce a horrible vibrating/whining/or humming noise when undervolted.

However, for 15 bucks, it may just be worth the try.

What are you lanning to use it for? Blowing through the rad I assume? I hope it's not in your PC.

tsulas said:
Looks like a hefty blower... Noisy too at full voltage. Not sure I'd count on an industrial blower like that to be any quieter even at lower voltages. Many tend to produce a horrible vibrating/whining/or humming noise when undervolted.

However, for 15 bucks, it may just be worth the try.

What are you lanning to use it for? Blowing through the rad I assume? I hope it's not in your PC.

blowing through the rad, it will sit on top of the PC and blow down.

the blower will be quiet, guys... that is not a worry...I am more interested in the relative meaning of the 1.5" of h2o and P=Q chart.

vonkaar said:
EBM D1G133 blower. ($10 on Ebay) 700CFM 48vdc blower from hell. 700cfm is a lot... enough that you would think that it would be noisy as can be... it's not. If I run it at 40vdc, it's almost silent. It's rated down to 30v... I may 'pot' it to control noise. However, even at 48v it's quieter than most of the 120mm axial fans I've used.

see, guys? quiet.

pauldenton, frequently specs are not the actual case. My torin is only supposed to run at 12-27v, but at 7v it spins up fine.

blower.jpg

greenman100 said:
see, guys? quiet.

pauldenton, frequently specs are not the actual case. My torin is only supposed to run at 12-27v, but at 7v it spins up fine.

well pabst say 60dBA at 48V ..... :eek:

but unless vonkar's one was a freak example i say go for it... :thup:

worst case you either sell it or try to source a different motor.....

(3 answers and a reply from you while i was composing mine..... guess i must type slow... :rolleyes: )

under volting a blower (or over volting)...ive often wondered just how much it effects the "specs"...arnt fan blades in HIGH speed fans (tornado) shaped/designed for their stock speed? are blower cages' blades/fins shaped/pitched to their stock RPM? EDIT: i also wonder if the pressure is effected more than the CFM with lower than stock blower RPM...

anyway...im sure that blower @ 12-30v. will move more air than the Torin @ 7 ;) and i think THAT is the point!

Last edited:
Joe Camel said:
under volting a blower (or over volting)...ive often wondered just how much it effects the "specs"...arnt fan blades in HIGH speed fans (tornado) shaped/designed for their stock speed? are blower cages' blades/fins shaped/pitched to their stock RPM? EDIT: i also wonder if the pressure is effected more than the CFM with lower than stock blower RPM...

anyway...im sure that blower @ 12-30v. will move more air than the Torin @ 7 ;) and i think THAT is the point!

I am sure they are engineered to run at stock, but I don't need 400+ of actual CFM (accounting for heatercore resistance).

I will run at whatever is quiet, but I hope it's not more than 30v....the PSU I built for the torins only goes up to about 28v....would be a shame to have to redesign

I am sure they are engineered to run at stock, but I don't need 400+ of actual CFM (accounting for heatercore resistance).
sure you do, that means you can stack 2-3 heater core's ontop of each other and still have about 100 cfm coming out the other side :)

~Magick_Man~

Joe Camel said:

judging from the p/q curves of these pabst radial blowers it appears even...
http://62.159.30.76/en/pdf/produkte/D1G146AA3352.pdf

Last edited:
Back