• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM Stacker for W/C ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SunTzu69

Well,

I was going for the CM stacker (arguably the best air cooling out there) and just decided that I was going to watercool instead.

Is it still worth it to go for the stacker ? Should I get a cheaper case and use the money on the cooling system or other parts ? I just feel like the benefits of the stacker have gone down now that I've made this switch... (although BTX compliant is great too...)

Thanks,

The stacker is great for whatever you are going to do. Even though you'll water cool you still need a good air flow into and out of your case. The Lian-Li PC-7??? series are good cases for air flow especially if you put a blow hole in the top.

I say buy a chieftec (they look better than chenming) full tower instead, only 11 cm diff in height. I have a CM Stacker and I don't wanna kill it with mods because it's so expensive. Get a cheaper case that you won't be afraid to mod and get some better gear.

Bad_CEKTop,

Are you saying that there are certain mods you would of liked to make to your case and you didn't for that reason ?

Can the Stacker fit the good heater cores under the top drive cage (module) ?

Please explain what difficulties you are having with it personally...

Thanks

It can fit a d-tek procore with a little room to spare. As long as you have a core that's not wider than that, you're fine.

I guess the wording was a little off, what I mean is that I don't have the guts to cut into case yet. You can't really cut the drive bays since it looks like they are partially structural, if you do, you have to make a support bracket to join the 2 sides so the bays don't wobble, I may be wrong.

I only have 2x120 fans in the front at the moment, the cooler master fans that come with the case are awesome, very silent, wish they would sell them separately, 1 stock fan and 1 papst 4312M. The only thing that annoys me is that I have to clean the bay face plates off every day or 2 so there isn't a layer of dust on them, 10 second job, but still, this computer is only on when I'm working or playing. Haven’t had the pleasures of cleaning the filters within each face plate yet.

I think it'd be great for TEC, you have 2 psu bays already there. That's my plan with it atm anyway. You can fit any standard wc setup with room to spare, given the hc fits into the bays.

It's a great case, if you have money to spare.

Bad_CEKTOP said:
It can fit a d-tek procore with a little room to spare. As long as you have a core that's not wider than that, you're fine.

I guess the wording was a little off, what I mean is that I don't have the guts to cut into case yet. You can't really cut the drive bays since it looks like they are partially structural, if you do, you have to make a support bracket to join the 2 sides so the bays don't wobble, I may be wrong.

I only have 2x120 fans in the front at the moment, the cooler master fans that come with the case are awesome, very silent, wish they would sell them separately, 1 stock fan and 1 papst 4312M. The only thing that annoys me is that I have to clean the bay face plates off every day or 2 so there isn't a layer of dust on them, 10 second job, but still, this computer is only on when I'm working or playing. Haven’t had the pleasures of cleaning the filters within each face plate yet.

I think it'd be great for TEC, you have 2 psu bays already there. That's my plan with it atm anyway. You can fit any standard wc setup with room to spare, given the hc fits into the bays.

It's a great case, if you have money to spare.

That was exactly what i was thinking!! An extra bay to fit a 2nd psu for the peltier, so.... :attn:

I see... Thanks for the extra details... I'm wondering... A Pro-120 core measures:

Dimensions(with tanks) are 5.5"W x 6.38"H X 2"Thick.

From this site:

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=91

And from what you mentioned, it seems that it will fit in the front part of the CM Stacker. But what about two ? Could you sneak two of these in front right under the first module that comes with the case? I'd put them in series and somehow get two 120mm fans on there blowing in cold air through them ?

I'd appreciate your feedback... I'm trying to figure out what kind of utilization I can put that front bay room to for a rad/core...

I also thought maybe a Bonneville '77 core might fit well in the CM Stacker in the front under the module that comes with the case.

Many thanks. I would really appreciate your insight as you are an owner of this beautifull case and I have yet to see it in person.

Chris

My plan was to use a 77' bville core, I'm just waiting for comparison results from weapon the core should fit into the 5.25 bays, if you don't want to buy before you know for sure, you can wait till I get mine or try searching for someone that has one.

I am going to take the 3 in 4 module out and use a 5.25 to 3.5 bracket for hdd just so I have some more room. You could probably fit bville core or at least 2 dtek procores for sure underneath the module if you mount it at the very top(under the usb/power panel), gives you about 14 inches, but leaves little if no room for cdrom.

Last edited:
Back