• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Restart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bogie

I am not sure if this is the right place for this, i have winxp pro installed on my one machine with the giga-byte board, at times when i shut it down it restarts for some reason, does anyone have any idea how i can fix this it isnt a big problem, as long a i hit the power switch in the back. thank you

I had the same issue with a Gigabyte board around two years ago and flashing the bios to the latest version solved it. Yours could be a driver or bios issue as well. Have you installed the latest updates from Gigabyte?

Edit: BTW, The Gigabyte motherboard forums would be the best place for this, but given the nature of the problem, you're forgiven :p

Last edited:
Yes, i reinstalled all the updated drivers, the reason i posted here i wasnt sure if it was a mother board problem or a windows problem.

OK, try this:

First, make sure that you are running the F12 version of the bios. Then, go into the bios and make sure that the "boot from network/LAN" option is disabled.

Edit: There may also be a "wake from LAN" option as well...be sure to disable both...

Last edited:
Back