• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thanks Abit Rma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Well, I finaly decided to send in my SH6 (only slot one with the 815e chipset) for replacement when I discovered that it became unstable at any speed, or with any os..and got to looking at the caps and noticed that they had the same problem as many BE6II boards have.
Let me tell you that it was heart wrenching to pull out the guts of a comp that until now was my screamer...and I went to abit's rma site and though it was somewhat confusing, I managed to muddle through and get my rma#..but the really cool part was that it only took less than a week to get my replacement board. upon recieving my "new" board I noticed that it is indeed used/refurbed but I think it might be more stable than my original..which gives me the idea of checking out an Abit refurb outlet for a new P4 board when I get ready to make the jump, and a refurbed board (i would think) would have some stability testing b4 going back on the sales rack

BTW, If your waranty is out of date, Abit only charges $25.00 U.S. for out of waranty boards. (great news if your board lasts longer than the waranty)

In closing I would like to say KUDOS to Abit for great boards and great service :)....and me...I'm happy as a clam

Yeah abit actually admits to the bulging cap problems. What I like even more is if you have a bp6, they dont charge that $25. :D

I just RMAed my BP6 a few weeks ago. I wasn't charged the fee due to an extended warranty for leaking caps. It has been about 2 weeks so far, I am still waiting for the replacement. I was running dual 500Mhz Celerons in it, and it would freeze whenever any load was applied. I swapped out all of the parts to narrow down my search as to what the problem was. In the end, I figured it was the mobo. Upon inspection, sure enough, a few of the caps were leaking. I hope I get it back soon.

I hope you your BP6 back soon also...so far, my board seems to be more stable than the original ever was.
My original SH6 had to have a heatsink on the clock generator to get the few mhz I'm getting now without it. When I get ready, just about every mosfet on my board will get a new h.s. Who knows? I might be able to get 1125mhz...1130 (I can dream can't I?) Good luck getting yours at least back to where you were b4 :)

Back