• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Few Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adam_2002

Registered
hey right now im running 5 case fans and i was thinking of switching over to water and i talked to one guy at a store and he said the water cooling doesnt make much of a diffrence is this true and as well what would be a good compelete system to buy for my computer its an amd 2800+ running at 50C idle at 2.34 ghz, oh and btw someone was telling me they use antifreeze insted of water is this possible ?

I had a zalman 6000CU, and my oc was like 185*11.5, my load temp were around 55C. After I went wc my cpu and NB, my oc went up to 200*11.5 @ 48C, with a vcore of 1.9. So i don't know who that guy was..but he certainly doesn't know watercooling too well....
Geez, you are running 50C idle?? what's your load temp?

[edit]

haven't tried anything over 200 fsb yet, cos my psu is holding me back :mad:

humm my load temp is around 55-58C what would you recommend for a good complete system for a good price?

Adam,
You need to decide what you are ultimately after.
There are any number of kit solutions that would do better than your current setup.
The advantages are ease of installation and general simplicity.
But they all will limit your ultimate overclock due to comprimises in components.
If you aren't planning on trying to wring every last MHz out of your chip a kit is a viable solution.
Assembling the parts yourself can allow for a higher performing system ( if you mix and match properly and set it up right), but that can be trickier to install and the performance gain may not reflect the extra cost and effort.
Then again it might.

Up to you.

well what im looking for right now is something simple with a good cost because at the curret time i do not have the time and money for Assembling the parts myself as well as i dont have a creditcard so i must by something in stores around here witch makes it hard lol im just looking for something that will let me run as fast as possible for the easyest/cheapest fix for now.

Well you can always transfer money from your bankaccount to your (if you have one) paypal account. That way, you are not limited to see what your local stores have to offer.
How much are you willing to spend, because there isn't much difference between a kit, and a setup chosen by yourself (in costs i mean). Besides, IMHO it's better to get some good performing parts the first time you go watercooling your rig. In my experience in the long run, you'll upgrade your parts anyway.

Adam_2002 said:
well what im looking for right now is something simple with a good cost because at the curret time i do not have the time and money for Assembling the parts myself as well as i dont have a creditcard so i must by something in stores around here witch makes it hard lol im just looking for something that will let me run as fast as possible for the easyest/cheapest fix for now.

sounds like you need high-end air, and better case ventilation.

also 200 is like what id like to spend lol im willing to spend a litte more like 250 cdn tops

and where would the best place be to go online to buy these parts that will Ship 2 Canada?

coolerguys.com has pretty cheap prices and I'm pretty positive they'll ship to Canada. Also you could try frozencpu.com, but they are more expensive...

i do not have the time and money for Assembling the parts myself
HMM kind of a play on logic there.
Assembling your own parts is CHEAPER than buying a kit.
A: you can spend as much as you would on a kit and get components that will dwarf any kit 's performance.
B: You can spend MUCH less than you would on a kit, and get equal if not slightly better performance than any kit
i must buy something in stores around here witch makes it hard
Well a pump you can get at pet stores (I have seen Danner, EHEIM, and Hydor at the crappiest ole' pet store)
Tubing, clamps and barbs = HomeDepot or Loews
Rad (preferably Heatercore) you can buy at Autozone or any Car parts store FTM
All you would need to realy buy online is a block.(unless you have a dealer nearby)

PS
That system Greenman assembled suggested earlier, considering you go with the MCP or the Mag3, would be a kick *** system that will destroy any kit.

Also If you dont have TIME dont bother Watercooling.

*edit* Cooltechnica ships Internationally and accepts wiretransfers as well.

SenC.

Back