• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p8x pc probe questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shrinkydinx

supposedly (in my mobo manual) the agp slot only supports .8v and 1.5v graphics cards... however, when i open asus pc probe, it says

Slot Designation: AGP
Slot Type: AGP 8X
Slot Data Bus Width: 32-bit
Current Usage: Availible
Slot Length: Half-Length
Slot ID: 0
Slot Characteristics: Provides 3.3v

im wondering, why does it provide 3.3v if its supposedly not compatible with 3.3v cards, and also, does the fact that it thinks my agp slot is availible problematic?

also, my +12v input is measured to be 15.503v! im going to check what the bios says it is after this thing dl's but what could be wrong to make that happen? is it real bad?

AsusProbe has always incorrectly read PCI and AGP slots on my systems. Voltages may not read correctly either. There are a lot of diagnostic programs out there - Sandra, Aida32, MBM5, etc. Use more than one if you suspect incorrect readings to doublecheck. BTW, which version of AsusProbe are you using? 22301 should be the latest.

Back