• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Symantec PCanywhere problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArBiTaL 24

There is no spoon
Hi all,
Just got Symantec's PCanywhere, and i've got it working fine for remote connections across my LAN. HOWEVER, I cannot seem to get the "remote management" part to work. This appears to be the part where you can do such things as lock the screen and start services.

The ordinary logon for the computer works fine, but then you have to put in another login for the remote management section, which also asks for a domain. I enter the usual username and password.

I've looked in the help file, and it says as step 1 for entering logon credentials: In the Remote Management Properties window, on the Host Login Credentials tab, type your user name..
However, I do not HAVE the "Host login credentials" tab...

huh.JPG

So, I'm just wondering how to get it to work... When I try and connect, I get this:
nope.jpg

Even though I'm already connected to that computer for the normal connection...

Any ideas?

I have tried to connect to one system in Windows XP, where that user is not an administrator, and one Win2K system where the logged in user WAS admin. No luck on either of them... The error notes about the username or password being incorrect, I was wondering if I maybe need to set something else up?

Yes, I'm an admin on this maching (the one I use most). On one of the machines, the user is an admin and one isn't. I have the same problem with both.

Lol, well i've kinda gone out and bought it now :p So I'd like to know how to use it.... I was assuming this would be a common problem but obviously not... I can't even take a look in the manual cos I got it on e-bay and it's OEM only (full legal thing, just no box or manual... but it was like £150 cheaper :D)

I have gone through the help file there.. no luck, because not only is it about as useless as most help files, but it even refers to tabs I don't have 0_o....

Back