• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case for fanless watercooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

josh files

Registered
I'm gonna get a Zalman watercooling system, It's fanless so dont worry about airflow. Whats a good case that looks cool, and won't make installing it to hard. Was thinking of a Coolermaster Wavemaster, they any good?

I don't think that the case will have any impact at all on the Reserator installation, it seems pretty straightforward.
Many folks seem to love their Wavemasters...don't have one myself, so I can't comment.

I would suggest a full tower case, but it does not matter a whole lot. Be sure to check out the watercooling gallery, I believe it is in the stickies.

IMHO, the case is not too important,a s long as there is plenty of room inside for what you plan to do.

ur not planning on putting the zalman radiator IN your case do you?
i can't tell if those r u intensions, but i have a felling..
the zalman radiator works with natural convection with the rise of hot air. Having the radiator in ur case will mean it will heat up quickly unlike a room.

Being external, the Zalman doesn't really require any interior case space.
Of course, you have lots of other stuff to get in there, but the watercooling isn't one of them.

my suggestion was based on the fact that you will most likely not be satisified with the performance of the passive system, and want ot go to DIY watercooling

if you are sure you will stay passive, disregard the full tower statement

The Coolermaster Wavemaster will be fine for what you're planning on doing. Besides that Zilman system is to big to fit into a case so I doubt that’s what he has in mind.

I agree that the passive system is not suitable for above average overclocking. However it is suitable for noise reduction. If your looking for above average to extreme overclocking you'd better get a DIY system.

Go with the new Lian Li PC-V1000 or PC-V2000.
They have holes throughout the case to allow for air flow and use quiet 120mm fans. They are expensive right now because they are new. I'm waiting until the "rush" is over to purchase one.
There are a few in the forums already using them.
Good Luck.

Back