• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WW temps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[DAD]MeR|iN

I just installed my white water last night with a Mag 3 pump and a jr-120 rad (push, pull 120mm fans) and a dtek fsb nb block. the loop looks like this pump>rad>cpu>nb>t-line>pump. I am running at 37C just in bios because I havnt put anything on this box yet, no windows or anything yet and its still running at 37C with no load, Is this right? Im using AS5 too... I heard that this was one of the best waterblocks and read alot of reviews about it being awesome, great cooling, etc. I'm thinking my temps might be a little high, I was wondering if there are any tips that will help cool things off?

Thanks!!!

~Ben

You could try removing/cleaning and reinstalling; I often get slightly different results with different installs, (though only within 1 or 2 degrees). Do you know your ambient air temps, coolant temps as it goes into the block?

I'm not sure what the coolant temps are, but the ambient temps are 33C in case... (its hot today, and im upstairs) Soon I will have a cold air duct from the A/C, but not for a while, I'm using Dtek super cool coolant and dtek uv dye if that makes any difference...

The best you will ever get from a waterblock on a reasonable speed processor, (I think), is something like 10 or 12 degrees over the temperature of your coolant, and the coolant temperature should be within a few degrees of the ambient air temp, (with a good rad/fan setup).

So, (wild guessing approaching), if your case temp is 33, ambient is something like 26/28, coolant at about 28/30, puts the CPU at between 38 and 42 with a good setup.

well I guess thats good news then, I was kinda gettin frustrated! Also Its been running all night to get the last of the bubbles out anyways so the water is heated up pretty well.. sweet! thanks a ton for the help!

~Ben

No problem, I would be happier if someone else agreed with my deductions before you take them to heart though, I am still pretty new to water cooling myself.

yeah, I figure its about right, b/c ussually the guys with lower temps such as 30-35C have low low ambient temps, and mine is actually pretty hot, I need to get that duct made, I think that will help alot... who knows..

My setup has one Evercool running at 7V on the BIX and I get 37C no load with case temp at 29C. Since you case temp is higher and have a NB block, that combined with 2*120mm sounds about right.

klath said:
My setup has one Evercool running at 7V on the BIX and I get 37C no load with case temp at 29C. Since you case temp is higher and have a NB block, that combined with 2*120mm sounds about right.
Those look good, as with my setup

Dtek WW ALU top
Dtek c-system 750 pump
Pro core W/ 2 120 70CFM@7volts push pull

Today its damn hot hot. My case temp is 44C :temper: and so I am at 52C idle and around 55C full load folding. When my case temp is around 36-37 load is around 48C. Forgot to mention this is with barton O/Ced pretty high, [email protected] :D

Back