• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet, dependable pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

Im looking for a nice, quiet, dependable pump to replace my Via 1300.

My setup is a dual rad, cpu, and vpu system, 3/8 tubing.

I did a search but havent found anything yet, and ive been out of the market for a while :-/

Any advice is welcome!

get the mcp600 or the aquaextreme 12v pump, they are the same things and both very quiet and dependable

Greenman...well I never said it was quiet, though that rattle you must be reffering to is mainly caused by user error.
As far as I have read, the L35 runs quiet. There are no reports of rattle yet, and probably wont be. ( its uses a new impellor seat, and ceramic shaft)

Koontz...You should search for threads by Thorilan (he has a L35 and talks about it some). Also do a search on L30 to enlighten yourself about the noise Greenman must be talking about.

An Eheim 1250 is EXACTLY what you need. http://dangerden.com/mall/Pumps/Pump_eheim.asp

Eheim has proven to be one of the most reliable pumps out there. Much more than just dependable.
It has also proven to be the quietest out there. You almost can't hear it while it's operating.
It has good flow and is cheaper than the MCP600.

You should definitly get it... I know I'm getting one for my new computer.

Hey guys~

Do anyone know the exact size of Eheim 1250?
I got these data from eheim's web : 180 x 95 x 120 (mm)
It seems this data includes the volumn of 2 heads.

What I need to know is the one that exclude the heads (only the body).

Thanks
Best regards.

Senater_Cache said:
Greenman...well I never said it was quiet, though that rattle you must be reffering to is mainly caused by user error.
As far as I have read, the L35 runs quiet. There are no reports of rattle yet, and probably wont be. ( its uses a new impellor seat, and ceramic shaft)

Koontz...You should search for threads by Thorilan (he has a L35 and talks about it some). Also do a search on L30 to enlighten yourself about the noise Greenman must be talking about.

OP asked for quiet

you suggested a noisy pump

I posted to being up said issue

another vote for eheim 1250. as long as you keep it from vibrating, its a complete noiseless masterpeice ;)

well the way i have my setup is, my pump is sitting in a tupperware container w/ the lid on, modded for the tubes in and out, and the power cable...

i would like to be able to keep the same rez, as well

west, how hard would it be to / how would i keep it from vibrating?

eheim.... accept no substitutes.

Mine is absolutly dead silent, and i have heard of them lasting for 3+ years (by that i mean i have heard of them still going strong after 3 years). I went through 2 via 1300's in 1.5 years before getting my eheim.

Milkman said:
Mcp600 gets my vote, 4 months quiet and leak free, great pump!! :clap:

I love the MCP600 more than the ehiem I used to have. You cannot hear the MCP600 at all! It is the perfect watercooling pump for me!

Well, it's all about your needs I guess. I was originally going to get a MCP600, but I decided to do external water cooling in an old computer case, so it would be easier for me to power the pump (just plug it into the wall). And I really need quiet operation, and the eheim is perfect...

... then again, I just though of the fact that I could put the stock 350W power supply that comes with the Antec case and use it to power the pump and fans... hmmm. If I can stand the noise, I might do that. But I don't really think it's worth it.

MCP600 all the way..I would say an 80mm case fan is way louder then this pump..

I use an aquaxtreme which is basically the swiftech mcp600 but in black, the new eheims (Innovatek HPPS 12v Pump -its really an eheim) are really impressive my friend got one and when I put my head right up to it I still cant hear anything. the nice feature of the new ones are that they come with molex input and they are bout 3/4th the size of the 1048s http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant...e=HSPC&Product_Code=HPPSDC&Category_Code=Pump its expensive though... my Aquaxtreme 50Z was 80$

Back