• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard question. Need detailed answer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Macadonious

Windows 2000 comes with IE5. Microsoft has recently announced that it will stop devopment of web browsers and fully intergate web browser features in the OS. What are the pluses and minuses of Microsoft's approach of requiring that its browser be utilized with Win2K? :bang head :bang head :bang head

A fully integrated web browser is a security flaw. It has always been Microsofts week point. IMHO, Microsoft should get out of the web browser buissness. They should either do that or take a lesson from the companies that are doing it right.

The plus is that it will probably be more user friendly and posibly quicker. BTW, I hadn't heard about this untill you mentioned it.

snafumaster said:
A fully integrated web browser is a security flaw. It has always been Microsofts week point. IMHO, Microsoft should get out of the web browser buissness. They should either do that or take a lesson from the companies that are doing it right.

The plus is that it will probably be more user friendly and posibly quicker. BTW, I hadn't heard about this untill you mentioned it.
Good answer, but I need more info then that.

snafumaster said:
If you can narrow your question down a little, I might be able to give you a better answer.
Sorry bud, but that was the question that was given to me. Thus it is as narrow as it will get

Back