• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid cooling pump...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ludivous_Kain

Looking for a decent liquid cooling pump. Not one of the DC ones that run on the computer's power supply, but a nice AC powered one, with a built-in reservoir. I've seen the DC conterparts over at Xoxide, but its not powerful enough for my applications. If I can't get one premade, I'll probably just end up making my own, but I'd rather not go that route.

Yeah. A pump with a res built in. Similar to the one sold by Xoxide, but AC instead of DC.

I'd use the one Xoxide sells, but its round. I'm looking for a nice square one that has a high flow rate.

And, by make my own, I mean that I'd take my current liquid cooling pump and build a res around it, since its submersible.

isn't that just a submerged pump? all you have to do is pump the pump in a container of your choise and have the pump's inlet feed directly from the water in the comtainer. some popular containers are tupperware containers or electrical junction boxes.

That is an awesome pump. If I ever get a watercooling setup, I'll look for that one. Does it perform well? (still a newb)

Yeah. Right now, it seems like i'm just going to get the materials to make my own. I've seen several pumps that fit my needs, but they're all rather expensive. There's no way I'll pay 69.99 for a pump sealed inside a res. All I really need to do is chose a material to make it out of. Any suggestions?

And, there is nothing that will get me to use a tup. container for the res. It'll probably work nicely, and will be inexpensive, but I'm going for asthetics also. With all the work I've put into my new computer case (pictures will be posted once I'm done), I don't want to top it all off with a tup. container in the bottom of the case. :)

Back