• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

White Water Installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

The White Water Installation stickey doesn't work the pics are dead, and its for Intel based mobos, anyone have a linke ot directions on how to install it on a AMD system? I have one on order, due at my house by mid-week, and would like to read the directions before I tackle doing the job.

I just installed one manually (without the pics, ha!) and got it to work. I have no pictures, but I can walk you through it textually... :)

First, the mounting plate: There will be a total of eight holes, four of which are "countersunk" along the outside corners, and four of which are slightly inset but not really deep along the inside corners. Those shallow ones are where the four long screws go in, tighten them down really good (don't overtorque them or you might strip the aluminum). These will eventually be holding down your WW block.

The four that are deeply countersunk go with the four little stubby screws that have fat triangular heads. They should sink in almost perfect so that the heads lay flat with the mounting plate. These short stubbies each get a single washer to seperate the mounting block from your mobo, and you then use a single plastic nut to secure them to the backside of the mobo.

So now, you have the mounting plate secured to the board, and you have four big screws pointing up. Set the block onto the screws, and then each screw gets the following in-order: Plastic washer, spring, plastic washer, brass tightening nut. You can forgo that second washer if need-be, but mine came with enough to do this.

At first, run the brass tightening nuts basically until they stop free-spinning. (ie they make contact with that last washer, or the spring if you didn't use the second washer) From here, I tightened alternating opposing corners (upper left + lower right, and then lower right + upper left) two turns at a time until the springs are pretty much fully compressed.

There ya go :)

i was wondering, is the mounting plate for the intel the same as the mounting plate for the amd onthe ww casue at dtek they only sell intel and amd64 mounting plates.

thanks

I ordered it from Dtek, so that means I get the directions. great. I am sure I can figure out by myself, but since I am sorta new at this I don't want to order something and then find out that its the wrong barb. I did a ton of reasearch.

Quit Being A Pompous @SS

Greenman. QUIT BEING A POMPOUS @SS BY HARASSING MEMBERS! Look, this is a PC overclocking board, and I personally like the atmosphere and the people that belong to this forum. There's no room for ego around here, we're all supposedly here to laugh and learn together.

If you don't like what someone posts, do not say anything. You should be ashamed of how you treat some of the members.

dicecca112 best of luck in your pursuit of watercooling. Just read and follow the instructions. If you are unsure of how to do something, dont be afraid to post and ask. Lots of great members here that would gladly like to help.

Last edited:
Shootingblanks said:
Greenman. QUIT BEING A POMPOUS @*** BY HARASSING MEMBERS! Look, this is a PC overclocking board, and I personally like the atmosphere and the people that belong to this forum. There's no room for ego around here, we're all supposedly here to laugh and learn together.

If you don't like what someone posts, do not say anything. You should be ashamed of how you treat some of the members.

dicecca112 best of luck in your pursuit of watercooling. Just read and follow the instructions. If you are unsure of how to do something, dont be afraid to post and ask. Lots of great members here that would gladly like to help.

shootingblanks, you have been here long enough to know this belongs in a PM, not open forum

you also should know the policy on personal attacks, I am sure calling me a "pompous ***" fits the policy

note I have never insulted anyone here personally, only suggested that tehy handle their business more "efficently"

dicecca has 5 new threads, he has been here long enough to know better, and he should have combined his questions into one thread, efficency.

search would not be a bad idea either, as alu/cu has been covered, as has c/w and some of the other things he askes

Back