• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Excel Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cbakey

Hey,
A manger at work asked me if i could find out a way to have his spread sheet of all his workers adverage how much they make in a given time span or over the hole year on adverage per day. But the problem is that if you do the regular adverage it figures in all the days that have zeros for when they didnt work, he only wants the days that they work adveradged in.
Thanks
Chris Bakey

It all depends on how much data points you have, Say hours, hours worked, reg hours, OT hours. Or you could reverse engineer it and get from Payroll all pay then find your average from there?

It'd be hard to do that calculation unless you have the number of HOURS worked. iF not that, then perhaps you figure the average number of hours worked during a payperiod? Then calculate from there. However you may need to factor in any Overtime Hours as well.

just some random thoughts. I'm an HRIS person myself and look at this kinda stuff all day. :)

No over time is avable where i work, your either Part time seasonal, or you full time and you dont get paied by the hour, so he just figures in how much they make in a day becouse they make varying amounts, but there no real good way to do it in excel?

Back