• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 GPU / ATI 9700Pro (PowerColor)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikieboyblue

Ok guys, does anyone have the maze4 gpu running on a 9700pro. The site says 95,96,9800...but not 97. I've emailed them with no response. Also, if you do have this running, did you have to remove the shim around the gpu?

I'm such a damn noob to water cooling...probably going to run the CPU and GPU in series...I just read a huge post about this that was back in Jan. Because I'm a mobile man, I had to do everything in the case...at least for one more year :) hehe...

Current system:
CPU: 2500+ @ 2.3 (stupid motherboard - KX7-333R)
CPU WB: Maze4
Pump: 1250
HC (1/2'' fittings)
ChemFlex 60 1/2 tube
Pump -> Rad -> CPU -> Fill line (need to move this so it is pointing up, probably put it right after the rad) -> Pump

New Design:
Pump -> Rad -> Fill Line -> CPU -> GPU -> Pump

Temps: (in summer)
Room: 33C (most of the time +/-2)
CPU: 45C (100% load 100% of the time Folding)
System (NB): 39C
GPU: ? crashes at clk >345 and mem >353 (no mem cooling ;-)...)

Thanks!!
Mike

Last edited:
In my memory.
All ATI's (except AIW) card has the same layout for heatsink.
So it should be able to work.

Not so sure, about 80% I guess

i dont see why it should not work with the 9700 series, it has the same mounting system i believe. and as far as the shim goes, it doesnt really have to be removed, plus it's a pain getting it off.

It looks like the maze4gpu has a raised section to contact the GPU core. Remember the 9500 and 9700 share the same GPU (R300), so if it fits the 9500, it fits the 9700.

kct2 said:
It looks like the maze4gpu has a raised section to contact the GPU core. Remember the 9500 and 9700 share the same GPU (R300), so if it fits the 9500, it fits the 9700.

Awesome! Thanks, I'm new to the ATI world....this is the first ever ATI card I have owned...I'm not to happy with the fact that it doesn't let you use "Large System Cache" in the registry...Otherwise, it's a great card! Thanks!

Back