• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Settle an arguement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since this probably won't be deleted, I believe 1/2 or even 3/4 barbs can be used with 1/2 tubing. From what I've seen around, in some situations if the tubing is warmed you can stretch it over the 3/4 barbs and when it cools it makes a pretty good seal.

slater3333uk said:
I doubt you will get 1/2" tubing onto a 3/4" barb. however 1/2" on 5/8" barb is cirtanly possible :)

It's possible. Difficult- VERY difficult, but you can do it if you are as stubborn as I am. :D

It really isn't worth it though, as most 5/8" barbs have just about a 1/2"ID and if not, they have enough material to carefully drill them to a true 1/2".

It is much easier to make a 5/8" barb with true 1/2" ID than it is to get 1/2" ID tube over 3/4" barbs. ;)

rogerdugans said:
It's possible. Difficult- VERY difficult, but you can do it if you are as stubborn as I am. :D

It really isn't worth it though, as most 5/8" barbs have just about a 1/2"ID and if not, they have enough material to carefully drill them to a true 1/2".

It is much easier to make a 5/8" barb with true 1/2" ID than it is to get 1/2" ID tube over 3/4" barbs. ;)

I agree with RD that it can be done, it should be noted some tubing is more elastic than others, For example vinyl tygon is pliable, if your think your going to stretch 1/2" vinyl 'reinforced' tubing over a 3/4" barb it 'ain't gonna' happen :argue:

Last edited:
Back