• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello all! Need a bit of help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ov3rkill

Hey everyone!

I guess you could define this as an introduction post, as well as a watercooling question thread, all rolled into one. I've known about this forum for some time but never got around to registering. Before registering here, I've only posted at Futuremark for the past 3 years. So hello all :)

My Watercooling question:

My current setup is a DD RBX with the stock nozzle, DD 12v magpump, DD Maze 4 GPU block and a BIX Micro 2 + BIX 120mm. The problem is that I can't fit the BIX 120 into my current case (Coolermaster Praetorian), and wanted to know if anyone knew of a site where I could purchase a small Acrylic enclosure to make an external radiator box that will sit on top of my case, just like Corsair's Hydrocool 200 external system, or JP's Quadra (if any of you hardcore watercoolers remember how incredibly awesome those were:attn: ) [I'll probably not use the BIX and end up ordering a DTEK painted heatercore for it]

I hope I'm not wasting everyone's time. I've googled till dawn for TWO DAYS STRAIGHT trying to find, at least, a small acrylic micro ATX cube case for sale. No one has any. Is it just me, or are these extremely hard to find? Maybe it's because I'm looking for a cube instead of a tower.

I found a cube at Xoxide, but it's a bit big for my liking [full case], and also only has 80mm fan ports. I wouldn't complain about those [I'd just break out the jigsaw and dremmel], but for $189 I'd like something that will work without much modding.

Thanks in advanced!

ov3rkill said:
Hey everyone!

I guess you could define this as an introduction post, as well as a watercooling question thread, all rolled into one. I've known about this forum for some time but never got around to registering. Before registering here, I've only posted at Futuremark for the past 3 years. So hello all :)

My Watercooling question:

My current setup is a DD RBX with the stock nozzle, DD 12v magpump, DD Maze 4 GPU block and a BIX Micro 2 + BIX 120mm. The problem is that I can't fit the BIX 120 into my current case (Coolermaster Praetorian), and wanted to know if anyone knew of a site where I could purchase a small Acrylic enclosure to make an external radiator box that will sit on top of my case, just like Corsair's Hydrocool 200 external system, or JP's Quadra (if any of you hardcore watercoolers remember how incredibly awesome those were:attn: ) [I'll probably not use the BIX and end up ordering a DTEK painted heatercore for it]

I hope I'm not wasting everyone's time. I've googled till dawn for TWO DAYS STRAIGHT trying to find, at least, a small acrylic micro ATX cube case for sale. No one has any. Is it just me, or are these extremely hard to find? Maybe it's because I'm looking for a cube instead of a tower.

I found a cube at Xoxide, but it's a bit big for my liking [full case], and also only has 80mm fan ports. I wouldn't complain about those [I'd just break out the jigsaw and dremmel], but for $189 I'd like something that will work without much modding.

Thanks in advanced!
Why not make one out of two mid-towers?

ov3rkill said:
Well, I'd really like it to be acrylic, and also I don't have two mid towers to cut up at the moment :(
You can buy two acrylic mid-towers... Though you should prob just build your own out of Lexan or something at that point...

Cyrix_2k said:
You can buy two acrylic mid-towers... Though you should prob just build your own out of Lexan or something at that point...

Just picked up 6 sheets of clear Lexan :burn: I'll start work on the enclosure tomorrow. Questions:

1. Do I use Elmer's Ultimate Glue which "Bonds just about anything" (picked it up at home depot) or should I just bolt the thing together? (I've got small lexan blocks to fit in all 4 inside the enclosure in which all the plates can screw into for support).

2. What's the cleanest way to cut a blowhole? Jigsaw with a thick steel stencil?

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...ame=Cements&product_id=Polycarbonate+Adhesive get that for all ur poly/lexan etc bonding needs

-- hmm for some reason its linking to the front page so just do a search for Polycarbonate Adhesive on usplastics site

-- best way to cut blow holes are hole saw bits for a drill, they can get expensive like 30 bucks for 4 inch one i think, or you could use a dremel with a hole cutting kit. jigsaw is hard to curve

Last edited:
Back