• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!!! Serious Problem and Need Help Fast!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyDee291

Hi, I am having a major problem with my current computer which i've had for 2 years now. Its a Asus P4S533 motherboard with a Intel Pentium 1.8a Processor... I came home today to my computer screen blank and my harddrive led staying solid... Strangely enough there was no power led at all, and it has stayed on for years. I've never had this problem before... So I took my computer apart and tried a few things. I took out all my IDE cables and just had all the drives plugged in via power. So basically everything was plugged in and normal except the harddrives had no ide cables in them and were not connected to the motherboard. So I turned the system on, all the drives started up, the power led was on, and the harddrive led of course showed nothing. So I put the IDE cables back in all the drives, plugged them into the motherboard, started my computer up... and none of the drives would spin up and the power led didn't light. The harddrives are pretty much new and are fine... I am thinking that the motherboard is bad, I don't believe the cables are because I tested several different ones with the same result... Has anyone had this problem before and/or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks very much.

The motheboard might be bad, but I would first blame your IDE cables. I had a simialr problem once, and I discovered one of the wires in one of my IDE cables had pinched and finally broken.

I would carefully inspect all of your IDE cables.

Back