• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adequate pump for the job?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fubulg6000

Air is no longer appealing to me so I'm making the shift toward a water cooling setup. This is my intended purchase:
MCW6002-a
MCW50
Heatercore (http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Radiators/heatercore.asp)
1/2 OD tubing

I have looked over several pumps and, frankly, I really don't know which one I should purchase. I considered the c-systems 750, but after reading some reviews for the mcw6002, it's state that a 300gph pump is recommended. I have considered the eheim 1250 but the price is not something I'm liking. So, can someone recommend me a good pump for the job? Or, better yet, an excellent place to purchase an eheim 1250, or equivalent, cheaply.

criticool had the 1250's for ~55 a while back, but the canadian shipping charges to the states made the total closer to $70.

why not run 2 of the csystem pumps for that price?
molex connectors + small footprint.

Well, I guess purchasing 2 csp750 or an eheim 1250 will do. They're roughly the same price. But looking at the power connectors for the csp, how does one test and bleed the system without them being connected to the computer? I don't have the equipment used by one of the reviewers (Robotech). Any ideas? There was no mention of how to do it in the online manual either, unless I missed it somehow.

fubulg6000 said:
Well, I guess purchasing 2 csp750 or an eheim 1250 will do. They're roughly the same price. But looking at the power connectors for the csp, how does one test and bleed the system without them being connected to the computer? I don't have the equipment used by one of the reviewers (Robotech). Any ideas?
Do you have a spare PSU? Just short the green wire (power-good) to the ground to make it turn on... Or you could use your good PSU and unplug the ATX connector from the mobo. If you don't, then I guess you could resort to a 12v battery...

Ehiem 1250 bad... for the $$$ that is...

Back