• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.8C P4C800E Dlx Windows shows wrong time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

confused

System is hard locking now but i just picked it up from customer, ill reinstall Win XP home. He reported that the clock in windows was constantly off sometimes by days, he would change it and later come back and the clock would be wrong again.

System specs,
2.8C no OC
P4C800 E Rev. 1
512 Meg DDR500 Corsair Duel Channel Kit (i have tested this and works in my rig no problem
ATI 9800 Pro 256 Meg
US Robotics Modem
Thermalright SLK900U
Thermaltake 80mm Smart Case II on heatsink in thermocouple mode
80 Gig Western Digital HD 8 meg cache 7200 RPM IDE
LiteON 16X52X32X52

anyone have any ideas? I have RMAd this board 2 times before (on 3rd board) if its the board again im switching to Abit IC7.

Please advise

changed the BIOS clock, doesnt matter anymore its the typical P4C800 E "system failed due to CPU overclock", or "system failed CPU test" says the voice, even though the system is running default settings, worthless @#$%ing board

its also not even making it to the windows boot screen before it starts randomly restarting.

this MB is DOA just like the other i have had. Im going to slap in the 2.4C i have spare see if it will boot if not then its RMA time all over again and this time im putting the new board on EBAY and replacing my customers Asus board with a board that i know works IC7 by Abit im never going back to Asus, its Abit for now more control and more options.

Back