• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my New Board, what to expect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok, After screwing up my Gigabyte 8KNXP Rev2 board, I bought a Abit IC7-G Max2 board, what am I going to expect overclocking wise? Im using a 3.0E on water, Are there anything special I need to know with this new board? THis is my first Abit board I have owned...

THanks for the info!

Now I am seeming to have a problem with running my Memory in Dual Channel Mode. I tried both slots and its still in single channel. I updated the BIOS to version 24, (if that helps) Any suggestions on how to get it to work? I changed over boards from the Gigabyte 8KNXP Rev2, to the IC7-G Same Memory and everything.

this might be a stupid question but could it because you are using pc2700 memory if you have it at 1:1 those sticks must be well overclocked

The ID prom(SPD) on the sticks might not be programed the same and if so the BIOS will not enable dual channel mode. You can use CPUZ to read the SPD info to see is the sticks are the same.

Stick's arent the same, but I was able to run dual channel on my old Gigabyte 8KNXP board with no problems. Right now, Im not overclocked on the CPU but I have it running at 1:1

I havent overclocked it yet because Im still unsure what are the correct settings for a good overclock.

well I got the board to oc at 3.5 stable for 4days as of this writing. Havent been able to get dual channel to run on the board yet. Still looking for suggestions on this.

Can someone tell me what exactly the volt moding on this board does, and is it really worth it?

Osirus said:
well I got the board to oc at 3.5 stable for 4days as of this writing. Havent been able to get dual channel to run on the board yet. Still looking for suggestions on this.

Can someone tell me what exactly the volt moding on this board does, and is it really worth it?

the ic7 series including the Max3 has a VTT and Vdimm problem. the vdimm problem is that when you set the voltage to say 3.2 it undervolts (cant remember about that one been a while since i read about it). The vtt is suppose to =1/2 of the vdimm and when you take the Vdimm above, was it 2.9 or 3.0 that the Vtt does not equal 1/2 of vdimm. Worth doing it is up to YOU and wiether or not you know your ram can take the voltage for Higher FSB.

Might be dumb to ask but i noticed after getting my new ram that i was not running dual channel then saw it was only counting half the ram... to you recheck to make sure the ram is seated all the way in? (just an idea)

its fully seated, CPUZ reports 1gig 2x512, but only in single mode. What is the deal with GAT. any specific settings to run that at?

Osirus said:
its fully seated, CPUZ reports 1gig 2x512, but only in single mode. What is the deal with GAT. any specific settings to run that at?

Sounds like rma time on that board since dual channle is not working... i would say you have them in the wrong slots... but that has already been looked at....so i dont have any other ideas..... :bang head

Ill be damned if I have to rma this board, it was bought on 7/19/2004 from my local pcclub.

could it be the board is picky with memory? what is GAT, there are enabled in that setting, any better settings for GAT?

dual channel was working fine on my gigabyte 8KNXP board.

gat does not effect you using dual channle.... maybe ram but i dought it... i have an is7 i got for my moms rig that is using sammy 256x2 in dual channle not a prob. @dd340. both of my mem sticks where bought 4months apart from the egg. Like i said the only things i can think of is the ram slots and the mobo possibly not working correctly.... sorry... could always go the abit forums and search around and then post and see what one of the tech support guys say from abit...

yeah.. I checked around on the abit forums, didnt give me much help. Ill try a few other things and see if I can get it to work.

Back