• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows "copy" function problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zacmaniac

Ok, my "Copy" function used to work perfect, but now I have to hit Ctrl+C MANY times, for it to actually copy, and even right clicking and hitting copy rarely works. Anyone know what the deal could be?

Said the virus was not found, so the system has not been cleaned. Any other ideas? And yes, i am running XP Pro.

GOD I am always copying and pasting things, this is so annoying! :( And reformatting out of the question.

A couple things I just thought of that may be of some help to you...when you have Word open and perform a Copy/Paste, it uses it's own Clipboard allowing you to copy more than one item. Whereas the Windows Clipboard only allows one copy at a time...so if you perform two copies, it will replace the first copy.

If you have the "Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Microsoft Word" installed, uninstalling it could very well fix the problem...it can be found in "Add or Remove Programs" in Control Panel.

Back