• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Backup email - Outlook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

Yea its a noob question. I still can't figure this one out.

Im going to do a fresh reintall of my operating system.

How do I back up all my email right now?
so as after the fresh reinstall, I can go back to having all my email, address book and settings just like is now.

Regards.

signed: dumbass

trust me it is so simple but I had a really hard time doing it. basically back up the .pst files but I had to download a free microsoft patch to get it to work in outlook 2002. You aren't a dumbass for asking this can be tricky. down with M$

looks confusing, still havent figure it out.
Wonder why they never had a simply backup selector in the pull down menu? I really need to do this fast. Why do you have to back up so many setting individally for.
hard work.

Any program out there that can do this automatically, im to lazy to learn this just right now.

Here is a program that will automatically back up your personal folders in Outlook. Works with 2000, 2002, & 2003.

Link to pfbackup.exe

I have it set up to back up my stuff weekly to another hard drive. Works Great.

yeah that is the patch proggy I was talking about. Its free microsoft patch pfbackup.exe.

orion25 said:
Here is a program that will automatically back up your personal folders in Outlook. Works with 2000, 2002, & 2003.

Link to pfbackup.exe

I have it set up to back up my stuff weekly to another hard drive. Works Great.

I came across that by accident forever ago. Definately an excellent program considering how deep Windows buries it's email settings. I have it backup my email on every exit to a separate drive...saved me just a couple of weeks ago, as a matter of fact.

OK, so, this is my question then:

What about Mozilla Thunderbird? That's what I use, and I would like to have a mass export/save for my e-mails, as I just keep copies on the server for all the times that I redo my comp, but if I could somehow save them to a file to pu on CD, that would be great. So what would happen for Thunderbird?

Back