• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Exploder max window limit. . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
I have looked and googled and I cant seem to find the max number of IE windows allowed open. . . sooooo I tried it. I could not open more than 46 windows. Is this the limit?? If not then why cant I open more? I dont really have a need but it would be nice to know.

Z

Zuzzz said:
I have looked and googled and I cant seem to find the max number of IE windows allowed open. . . sooooo I tried it. I could not open more than 46 windows. Is this the limit?? If not then why cant I open more? I dont really have a need but it would be nice to know.

Z

check in the options or tools

Zuzzz said:

Z

There may be a built in limitation to stop spammers crashing peoples systems by using scripts to open new windows. Or perhaps too many windows is eating up memory.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but...
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server",10,"REG_DWORD"

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\MaxConnectionsPerServer",10,"REG_DWORD"

I'm guessing the size of your memory plays a heavy part in this. Go look at material not suitable for people under 18. You'll find out real quick how many you can open with all the popups. Happens to me all the time!

Back