• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mem speed woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimedog

Here's the scoop:
P4P800E-Dlx Vdimm modded - set to 3.2v
30cap 3.0c set to 1.6v
Using 1:1, performance mode standard, mem timings 2-2-2-5-8-a-a-a
2x512 of excellent corsair bh5 (it did 255+ with 3.3v in my infinity)

I am stable at 220mhz. Over that I get problems (tons of errors in memtest test 5). This ram should be able to do 240+ in this board no problems with 3.2v.

So... I must be doing something wrong, right?
Any tips would be appreciated.

different boards do different speeds. You can't expect it to work the same, especially if you are jumping from AMD to Intel.

yeah i understand that it's not the same ruler but it gives you a good idea.

i've tested a ton of bh5 on my infinities, and I can tell you that only a few do 255+. most bh5 does 240-245 in this board. so I know it's excellent bh5, and I know that intel chipsets usually clock higher than nforce2. example, I bought a stick of bh5 that did 260 /w 3.3v in an intel board, it only did 250 in mine.

i know for a fact it should be doing a lot better than 220

1) try lowering the voltage to something near 3.0V and see if it makes any difference. Also check your NB. My gets very hot without active cooling.
2) check the memo voltage during the load. i know there is no monitor, so DMM is the tool to do it with.

Back