• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Problem/Video card problem. URGENT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zacmaniac

I had applied a tweak yesterday, don't remember what it was, but it was working fine, then I tried to play UT2k4. It was running at unbelievably low fps, so I rebooted, and BAM windows XP was running in 640 by 480 with 4 bit color, half of my files were gone, and it wouldn't even connect to the internet. Needless to say, I had to reformat, which is a HUGE PITA. I lost like 10 gigs of music too.

I think the reason this happened is because in device manager, it says my 6800GT is on the PCI bus. Anyone know why it would say that? It is kind of urgent, I have a UT2k4 clan match at 5 pst today, and need to have this fixed by then.

I don't really understand...If you reformatted, then all you should need is the origional driver. As a side thought...there are a ton of good data recovery products out there to get some or all of the data you lost back. Even if reformatted.

Thats what I don't get, I would think reformatting would fix the PCI bus thing, but I don't know. Anyone with a video card in the agp slot: could you look in device manager, double click the video card, and tell me what it says under "Location"?

Sounds like your AGP drivers got corrupted... I would download and re-install the latest drivers for your chipset, mobo, and agp slot...

shortyes said:
or see if you can roll back the drivers using sys restore
icon14.gif

Back