• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any chance of my computer living?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is a very small posibility that it survived. Let it dry for a couple of days and then wipe it clean with a cloth that doesn't create static charge. Then power it on. You should see if it works or not....

LiGhTBoY said:
There is a very small posibility that it survived. Let it dry for a couple of days and then wipe it clean with a cloth that doesn't create static charge. Then power it on. You should see if it works or not....
I hope it works... I just spent ~$250 (I'm now broke) on new tubing, a Cheiftec Full-tower Matrix case, a MCP600, and some AIW parts. It would really REALLY suck if I killed all of my parts... I leak-tested properly too...

Well, was it running when you found out?!?!?! If it was it's probably fine. If it wasn't.... :(

Just submerge the whole card in Isopropyl Alcohol for 30 minutes or more (?) and let it dry really well.

Btw, on that pic, it looks like the AGP is burnt pretty bad.

termin@tor said:
Well, was it running when you found out?!?!?! If it was it's probably fine. If it wasn't.... :(

Just submerge the whole card in Isopropyl Alcohol for 30 minutes or more (?) and let it dry really well.

Btw, on that pic, it looks like the AGP is burnt pretty bad.
Cool... I'll need more alcohol first...

It wasn't running when I found it... So I hope I didn't kill anything.

Just tried the vid card in my neighbors computer... It no worky :( Maybe an actual alcohal bath will fix it, I just wiped it off with some alchohal.

tap water? man, you best use some distilled aqua instead
your pump and waterblock(s) will be next :eek:

good luck w/your hardware

poMONKey said:
tap water? man, you best use some distilled aqua instead
your pump and waterblock(s) will be next :eek:

good luck w/your hardware
Atleast my tap is from a well and has been filtered well. I just tested it with a multi-meter and it's not conductive until I touch the probes of the multi together.

BTW, I used to use RO water, but I stopped after the first few system fills.

Thanks, I hope everything will turn out ok...

Good news... My mobo survived. :D As for the vid card, I'm going to give it a bath but I need more alchohal first. If it still doesn't work... Then it's time for one of those X800pro's with the vivo connector's... Hello x800xt-pe :D

This is a reminder to me, and should serve as one to all of us to be very carful. Some times when one handles the sacred to long it feels common and that is when mistakes are made.

jenkx said:
This is a reminder to me, and should serve as one to all of us to be very carful. Some times when one handles the sacred to long it feels common and that is when mistakes are made.
You are SOOOOO right... It wouldn't have leaked had I hose-clamped everything like I had with my old tubing. But I was like "It's not leaking now, so it shouldn't leak later" boy was I wrong, and I think I just paid the price to the tune of $249.

Cyrix_2k said:
You are SOOOOO right... It wouldn't have leaked had I hose-clamped everything like I had with my old tubing. But I was like "It's not leaking now, so it shouldn't leak later" boy was I wrong, and I think I just paid the price to the tune of $249.

U werent useing clamps???? :eek: I dont understand why people would not use clamps. I mean they are like 75cents at the most in most hardware stores.

Blueboy1986 said:
U werent useing clamps???? :eek: I dont understand why people would not use clamps. I mean they are like 75cents at the most in most hardware stores.

Or around 5 dollars for a 10 pack at mcmaster :)

tap water from a well does not matter - fact is it will corode - your well water is no where NEAR as well filteres as distilled water - distilled water can not even boil! :D

Mr.Guvernment said:
tap water from a well does not matter - fact is it will corode - your well water is no where NEAR as well filteres as distilled water - distilled water can not even boil! :D

care to place a small bet on that my friend?

FizzledFiend said:
care to place a small bet on that my friend?

Fizzled you're right. Distilled water is basically tap water that's boiled into steam, then condensed back into water in another container, leaving all the crap that was in it before in the old container, making it very pure. However, distilled water can be boiled again. Hell, if you get it hot enough, steel could boil, but there's no way that distilled water can't boil.

To get back on topic, lets just say that I hope you've learned your lesson. Hose clamps are a neccessity, no matter how secure your tubing is. Even zip ties help.

Good luck, hopefully that videocard works.

Blueboy1986 said:
I used hose clamps on everything that didn't feel tight... In fact, the place where it leaked DID have a worm-drive type hose clamp on it. I have know idea how it could have leaked with that much clmaping pressure on the tubing, but it did. But for the oversized plastic barbs I used, I didn't hose clap them because I had to boil the tubing just to get it over the barb. No need for hose clmaps there.

Mr.Guvernment said:
What causes corosion? Also, what does corosion do and is it conductive?

Back