• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cant decide on the right pump for my system! HELP ME!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KnownKiller

I need some quick help here cause i cant make up my friggin mind for nothing!

My Hydor L30 pump seems to be takin a crap on me.. My temps have very high @ around 40-42C idle and 49-51C load at 1.65 vcore.. I used to get around 46 i belive at 1.75v under load.. Anyways time to make some changes and fast!

I'm gona have to call in some experts here cause i'm having a freakin ultra hard time deciding as to what to buy! I'm sittin here all damn day with a credit card by my side with the intentions of buying a new waterblock and pump and theres too many damn choices!

I need to replace my dying Hydor L30..

My system parts are:

DD Maze4.. soon to be tossed
DD maze 4 GPU block
Black ice Xtreme II Rad 4x 120mm 125CFM fans
Hydor L30 pump<--slow but sure death since its making freakin clinking noises like a wire hittin against a fan blade.

Now i've had the intentions of buying up a DD TDX block and another Hydor L30 till i started reading everything.

Pumps i've looked at:

Hydor L35 May not be enough for this system
DD12v-D4 DOnt really like runing a pump off the P/S
Blueline HD 20.. Way too large to fit!
D-Tek / C-Systems CSP X2 12v DC Pump.. Very nice and low power and tiny!

Heres a few pics of my setup.. U would think with such a large Moutainmods case i'd have the room for a decent setup.. :(

Attachments

• DSC01913a.jpg
    DSC01913a.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 78
Heres the backside showing the double floppy bay rez..

The system is over 9 months old now though i just recently picked up the new Epox 8KDA3+ MB.. so i still have other wires and crap left from the previous board that i still need to take out once i decide if i'm keeping the new board.

Attachments

• DSC01914a.jpg
    DSC01914a.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 148
Gonna say 1 C-system 750 pump. its quiet, 3 watts of power and should do nicely. Also I would recomend the Swifty 6002A or the DD new 2 barbed block. Is there a reason for all those fans =) I spot 80mm fans, are't they loud?

The extra water line ya see coming off the top of the rad was added in a hurry long ago to assist in feeding the pump since i stupidly put the rez lower then the pump and i could'nt get enough water to the pump to get the flow started.

With this case and the rad i had to buy putting parts were they should became a prob.. Thats why ya see the pump were it is.. Works good there though. If i had it to do over, i'd buy two smaller rads insted.

Now the whole buying prob i have is cause i want the best block out there with a ton of flow on it.. I dont know if theres a pump on the market that can get me atleast enough flow to make a DD TDX worth while.

Vengance_01 said:
Gonna say 1 C-system 750 pump. its quiet, 3 watts of power and should do nicely. Also I would recomend the Swifty 6002A or the DD new 2 barbed block. Is there a reason for all those fans =) I spot 80mm fans, are't they loud?

Oh hell yeah there very loud!

At the time i wanted nothing but the best and didnt care about noise.. Its always bugged me though that with all that cooling power i cant keep a very hot CPU under 42C under load.. All that crap and it was maybe 10C if that better then the retail HS.

My system is a AMD 64 3400+ C0 revision.. Max i could get outa it was 2512Mhz at 1.74v.. Hot though around 48-50C.

Oh my system temps are around 30-33C on a hot day.. Usually around 28C normally..

This system does kick up the temps in my room.. its an oven in here right now even with the air on.

Back