• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with L30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danvuquoc

Okay, so I'm relatively new to watercooling and bought a used Hydor Pump. When I first tried it -- filled up the tubes and all with water, it was very noisy, spun the impeller and saw it was really off center-- a bit of fiddling around with the impeller and I broke the shaft (i'm a moron i know). I went and ordered a new one from Hydor USA ($15.75 with shipping) and I pop it in, it's quieter but rattles quite a bit. So by now, I've epoxied the 240somenumber degrees impeller propeller part to the rest of the plastic so it won't rotate around the plastic base. Worked a little bit better -- but still, rattles and vibrates like crazy. Could something else be wrong? Am I inserting the impeller wrong? What I do is I push it into the fitting on the cap with the o-ring, then push it into the tube inside the pump and close it off with the lock. Any ideas/theories and ultimately if required, recommendations for a comparable pump that is whisper quiet and not over 50 dollars? Thanks for the help in advance guys!

Back